- [BainG] Celtic Art: the Methods of Construction,
George Bain, 1973 (reprint of 1951 work).
- [BainI] Celtic Knotwork, Ian Bain, 1986.
- [Hull] Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art: Geometric Aspects, Derek Hull,
- [Nord] Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Painting, C.
- [Sherb] "Interlacing Without Erasing", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 53, Winter 1979.
- [Meehan1] Celtic Design, A Beginner's Manual, Aidan
- [Meehan2] Celtic Design, Knotwork, Aidan Meehan,
- [van Stone] Wall hanging poster of Celtic Design notes,
Mark van Stone, out of print.
- [van Stone2] Celtic Knots: Techniques and Aesthetics,
Mark van Stone, 1992.
- [Baker] Celtic Hand: stroke by stroke , A. Baker,
- [JonesG] A History of the Vikings, Gwyn Jones, Revised
- [Meehan3] Celtic Design, Animal Patterns, Aidan
- [Meehan4] Celtic Design, Illuminated Letters, Aidan
- [Meehan5] Celtic Design, Sprial Patterns, Aidan
- [Sherb2] "Aviforms from Kells", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 83, Summer 1986.
- [Sherb3] "Drawing the Lindisfarne Dogs", M. Sherbing, from
Tournaments Illuminated No. 88, Fall 1987.
General Celtic Art Bibliography
- [Allen] Celtic Art in Pagan and Christian Times,
J. Romilly Allen, 1912.
- [Green] Celtic Art: Symbols and Imagery,
Miranda Green, 1996.
- [Henderson] The Art of the Picts: Scupture and Metalwork in Early
Medieval Scotland, G. Henderson and I. Henderson, 2004.
- [Laing] Art of the Celts, Lloyd and Jennifer
- [Megaw] Celtic Art: From its beginnings to the Book of
Kells, Ruth and Vincent Megaw, 1989.
Web Page Resources
For other web resources, please see the main
links page. Thanks for
visiting, and enjoy yourself.